Saturday, May 2, 2009

Drivers start your engines!



Curt took Friday off so that we could have one last date weekend before there are 3 of us!  We headed into Indianapolis to check out the Indy 500 raceway museum.  Neither one of us are much into this racing stuff but it was pretty cool to go check out.  It was kind of cool to see the change in the cars over the last 100 years.  





Here are some more old cars that were used for racing.



Here are some really old motorcycles they had.  I thought they were pretty cool too!


The track has the nickname the brickyard.  Back in the beginning the 2 1/2 mile race track was covered with bricks.  There is only a 3 foot section, at the finish line, that still remains today.  


After the museum we went and hit up an outlet mall.  We didn't get a whole lot there.  It's kind of hard to shop for clothes when you are 8 months pregnant!  You don't want to buy anything to wear for just a month and you don't know what size to buy for after the baby comes.   It was a nice full day but that's not were it ends.  On Saturday we went and saw X-Men, Wolverine.  It was a pretty good show.  Then on Sunday we received some callings.  I am a ward missionary and Curt is the second counselor in young mens and he is also the scout master.  I think he will really enjoy his callings.  

5 comments:

Crazy family of 5 said...

That looks like a fun place our kids would enjoy!! We might have to make a trip out there sometime!!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Good luck! How fun and exciting!

Kati said...

We MISS,MISS,MISS you guys!!! Glad you had a fun weekend out - and congrats on the callings - you'll both be awesome! :) (oh, and as soon as I can convince Jeff that it's not dorky to take a picture of the car - we'll get it up on the blog!) :)

Jami McQuivey said...

That looks like a fun place. The boys would love it I'm sure. X-Men was good! I'm taking the boys I think this weekend to it in Iowa City!

Kris said...

I'm FROM Indiana and I have yet to go to the Motor Speedway Museum! I guess that's usually what happens when you are a local. :)