I have been keeping myself busy with some little projects for the babies room. I was hesitant to do a post on these projects but we have had a few people ask if we can post the pictures, so here they are.
The first one is a blanket for the crib. I have had a pile of jeans sitting around for probably the last 4 years that I started to cut squares out of a couple years ago. Curt suggested that we make a blanket for the crib with the squares. What a great idea! I figured out why I don't sew much during this project. There were a few squares that weren't quit square. I had to unpick one of the rows of squares and move it to another side so that the blanket would be long enough. When I was done with the square side I put the back on and it was to small. Curt suggested that I do a denim strip around the back to make it big enough and it would also tie it in a little more. So I measured and cut the denim, sewed the strips on and put the back side on the square side to see if that had worked. Guess what, it didn't work it was to small. I measured it wrong so I had to unpick all four edges and recut some more denim. I finally got it all to work out. Then when I went to add the triangle edges I sewed one edge of triangles on and then went to set up the rest. I noticed that I didn't have enough triangles so once again I had to pull out the pick and unpick the ones that were already sewed on. I cut out more triangles and lined them all up first before I sewed any on. It worked, I had enough this time! The blanket was a pain in the butt, but I think it turned out alright and it was worth it!!
The next project I tried was a mog podge project. I wasn't sure what I was doing but I think it turned out ok, as long as you don't look at it up close. We are thinking of hanging this over a bookshelf or a little dresser in her room. (Jillyn, we decided we will let you use the name Jacey for your little girl! We still really like it but we are going to go with Kara Jean.)
Here is one of the last projects I did. This one was pretty easy and took hardly any time, just an afternoon. It's a nursing cover.
I think that most the projects for the baby are done. My next project it to make curtains for the back door. After the curtain project I think I will try to tackle the cooking part of being a homemaker, wish me luck with that one!
I do have to say all these projects have kept me busy so I haven't had time to get home sick!
11 comments:
Everything looks great I like what you did with Kara's name, that truned out really cute.
Love you lots and miss you to.
You did really well on all of the stuff!! Kara Jean will love all of it!!!
So cute!!! I love them all!
Jodi...I think you've been hiding your talents under a bushel!! SOOO cute. I'm really impressed and hope you are feeling well.
I love all of them!! Great job, you are turning into quite the homemaker! You need to teach me some of your craftiness :)
I LOVE the name Kara, she is going to be so adorable (hopefully she'll look more like mama then papa! j/k Curt) It looks like you guys are doing great! We miss you!
You are so talented! Kara is a lucky baby to have such a great mom and dad! I love that you're so crafty.
Hey cute girl, the blanket turned out cute although it sounds like something from my nightmares! Everything is looking great!
Ok, so now you have to move back so I can put you on my Enrichment Board! :) You can sew? I had no idea! And I LOVE the baby's name - can't wait to meet her! Miss you!
So cute!
Hey Jodi - those look so great!
(One suggestion - on the nursing cover: go to the fabric store and find some boning and sew it into the top between the straps. this way your nursing cover will have a little window that you can look down and see baby Kara - it makes it way easier! if you go to my website and look at the nursing covers and click on one, it should show you a close up picture of the neckline so you can see what I mean! http://brogueaprons.com/Products3.htm)
Just when you thought you were done!
So Cute. It is funny how crafty we all become when a little one is on the way. I love the blanket. I've got a ton of denim now i have an idea.
Post a Comment