Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Getting ready!

Yeah, we finally got the crib and the cradle painted and ready to put together, so that's what we did Saturday morning.  After lunch we drove into Indianapolis and did some shopping to get some of the major things we needed for the baby still.  We got a mattress for the crib, changing table pad, a bouncer, a stroller travel system and a few other little things.  So needless to say the jeep was kind of full.  We went to dinner and then decided to stop of at an electronic store on our way home to just check out what they had as far as TV's.  We weren't planning on buying anything but we felt like they were a good price so we got one for the bedroom and one for downstairs.  We had to rearrange the Jeep with everything.  We had to even take the stroller out of the box to get it to fit, but hey we got it all to fit!  I think we are now pretty much ready for the little one to arrive.  I can't believe we have less then 6 weeks.  I think it will go pretty fast!


Here's the crib all done!  


This is the cradle from my parents that my dad made for us.  He has made one for all of us kids when we are expecting our first little one.  We didn't give him much time to make the cradle.  He maybe had about a month and half or so since we were moving.  Usually he has about 7 months or so to make one!  He did a good job!


And here is the stroller we got.  We are so excited to us it!  Now we just need to finish the decorating of the babies room and the unpacking of ALL her clothes!


12 comments:

Crazy family of 5 said...

Your dad did a great job on the cradle!! Can't wait to see what her room will look like!! It is so much fun going to the baby store and picking that stuff out!

Anonymous said...

The crib and craddle look really good. It looks like someone really made the craddle with lots of love! Your little angle to be has a grandpa that loves her already. :>)

Anonymous said...

how exciting Jodi, it looks great!

cheeks said...

love it! that's the same travel system we have! So cute!! it's so fun to put the nursery together isn't it?

I can't imagine adding 2 tv's to your bill for the day! We bought our crib, stroller/carseat, and changing table all at once and i felt so poor after the big purchase! Hope you're feeling well...your on the downhill now!

The Grahams said...

So the crib and cradle look fantastic but the stroller... are you sure you'll know how to use it... it looks pretty high tech :) Love you!!!

Missa said...

isn't is crazy how much stuff you need? looks great!

Parkers said...

Everything looks great, you guys are going to be great parents, can't what to see you and that little one in June.We love you and miss you guys.

Chris said...

I'm counting down the days with you!

Everything looks great - what a beautiful cradle your dad built.

Lots of Love in that one for sure!!

Elisa and Tyler said...

SO fun! I Love love love your crib! Looks like you are pretty much ready!

Todd and Melissa said...

Wow! I wish I could go on a shopping spree like that! Love the crib and cradle! :)

Megann said...

They both look so nice. I can't believe it is that quick. Definately don't need to ask what you are doing with your time! Getting ready for a baby is busy.

Kati said...

SOOO exciting! I love the cradle that your dad made - parents are the BEST! :) We sure miss you guys - oh, and Jeff says you should see our thyme - it's HUGE!!! :)