We were in Idaho for a couple of days for my Grandma's funeral. It was nice to be around family.
Every time my Grandpa would hold Conner he would tear up and say that Grandma would love to be here and be able to hold these little ones. Grandma loved the little ones.
Kara loves to play outside! She would play with anyone who would play with her!
Here she is with Grandpa Great. She grabbed his finger and lead him to the swing set.
She's playing with Ryan on the basketball court. Ryan was such a good sport to watch after and play with Kara as us girls got things done.
My cousin, Joel, brought his horses up for the kids to ride. Kara wasn't to sure about them at first. She didn't go for a ride but she did sit on one.
Conner kept smiling in his sleep as my Aunt Camille held him. When ever he would smile she would say that Grandma was there tickling his feet. That night after I got done feeding him he kept smiling. I was able to get a picture of one of those smiles!
My sister, Jillyn, Dad and I at the viewing.
Our cute kids ready to go to the church for the funeral. My cousin, Katelyn, did Kara's hair for me. It looked so cute!
After the funeral we went back to the church. We ate lunch and then got some pictures of everyone. The whole family was there except for Curt and one of my cousins. We haven't all been together like this for a LONG time.
What a hand full these two are!
Four generation picture.
All the cousins.
All the cousins and spouses.
The whole family!
I'm so glad I went. We wondered for a while if it was a good idea for me to go or not especially since Conner was only a week old . Jillyn had her plane ticket changed to leave Friday instead of Monday. We were able to get a ticket for Kara and I on the same flight. After we bought the plane tickets we wondered again if it was a good idea. Once we were in Utah I knew that is were I needed to be. I was so glad that Jillyn was there to help with the kids on the flight. I don't know how I would have made it without her.
I am so thankful for my family and for all they do for us.

1 comment:
It was so good to see you, even for a brief moment and at a funeral. I will miss your grandma terribly. She has been an adoptive grandma of mine for years. She was a great neighbor, and a wonderful friend. Hope to see you again soon,
Post a Comment