WARNING: Long post!
The first of September we flew out to Utah. That was the first time we have been to Utah in 6 months. It doesn't seem like it has been that long. This was the first time that friends and most family have seen Kara. It was so fun to show her off! If you ask me pictures just don't do justice, she's so dang cute!! Curt was out there for a week and then after he left Kara and I stayed an extra week. It worked out great. That first week Curt went to the Ute's game with his dad and brothers. We went to the Temple, did a little Christmas shopping, had Widdison family pictures taken, we blessed Kara, hung out with friends, and just enjoyed the time we had.
Kara was a stinker and didn't want her picture taken! Here are a couple good ones Shelly was able to get.
We had the same issue with the camera and Kara on Sunday in her blessing dress. She didn't want her picture taken! She kept wanting to eat her hands and not sit still, but Shelly did a good job and was able to get some good ones.
Kara LOVED her grandpas. She snuggled up to each of them and feel asleep on their shoulders. I think those grandpas were in heaven!
This is Curt's cousins wife Katy and their little boy Logan. Logan is 7 days older then Kara.
Wednesday after we took Curt to the airport to fly home my sister Jillyn and I went picked up my grandma and went to Temple Square. It was so nice that my grandma was able to go and hang out with us for the day. We had a lot of fun!
Her is my grandma and Kara in-front of the reflecting pond at Temple Square. These two share a birthday with only a few years in-between them! We love you grandma and May 20th will always be an extra special day.
Kara and I in-front of the Temple.
Grandma, Jillyn, Kara and I at the visitor center.
We had a girls sleep over at my parents house on Friday night. We gave the little girls a bath then we roasted marshmallows and made s'mores. Then we went in and watch Twilight as we worked on some crafts.
Kara loves her baths. I think she liked bathing with her cousin, Cailin, and she really liked how big grandma & grandpas tub was. She was able to stretch out and not touch the sides.
Jillyn, Jenni, my Mom and Kara
Here is the craft that I worked on, a tutu. This is a sneak peek for Halloween. We are thinking that Kara will be a ballerina.
The next morning, Saturday, we all loaded up the cars and went to the outlet mall in Park City. Kara did so good, she sleep pretty much the whole time we were there. We ended up shopping ALL day!
Jillyn, Jenni, Kara, Me, Cailin and my Mom
That second week when I was there by myself I was also able to go to lunch with my mother-in-law and sister-in-law. We were able to go see both my dad and mom at work too. I was also able to meet up with a few people I used to work with at Ivory Homes and have lunch with them. It was so fun to see everyone again and show off Kara! There were a few things and people I wanted to stop by and see but we ran out of time. We had such a great time while we were in Utah. It was so fun to see family and friends that we haven't seen for a while. We are so blessed to know and have such great people in our lives. We miss being close to everyone but we are glad to be were we are. Kara and I both missed Curt and we are glad to be home. I also missed Kara. As you can see from the pictures I didn't have to hold her very often! Thanks everyone for making time to see us. Love you all!


3 comments:
I still can't believe how lucky I was to see you and Kara! I am so glad you came up and said hi!
lovely family, I was trying to figure out who the widdison's are.
Sorry, I have been out of state and out of touch way too long
So much fun and good memories made while you were all here. Kara is so cute on her tummy time.
Post a Comment