What a week! Our first week in Indiana was really crazy busy for sure! Here's how it went..... (sorry it's long and there are no pictures)
On Friday the 27th Curt was busy all day with the movers. He also had all the appliances being installed that day. After his long day with all of that he got to drive an hour to the airport to get me! That was by far the high light of his day!
On Saturday we went and got new cell phones so that we would have communication with the rest of the world when we are at our house. That afternoon my brother, Jared, and his family drove 5 and 1/2 hours to come see us and help us unpack. We didn't get a whole lot unpacked. I hate putting people to work, we just chilled! It was so good to see them and have them come all that way just for the night. We will have to do that more often but for more time.
Sunday morning I got up and showered and then Curt hoped in the shower. After Curt was in the shower for a while the water pressure dropped and then finally the water just turned off. Our well ran dry! Needless to say no one else was taking a shower that morning. The builders came out later during the week and had the plumber drop the pump into the well to see if that would give us more water and it didn't. We only have water for 20 minutes at a time. They are suppose to come sometime in the next week to dig a new well. Hopefully that works.
The rest of the week is a blur. We had our first doctors appointment on Monday and everything went real well. I was back to the doctors almost everyday that week to do a diabetes test one day and get my blood drawn. Then I had to go back the next day to get my RhoGRAM shot for my Rh negative blood. When I went to get that they didn't have my blood work results back from the day before so I had to go back the next day. I don't mind going to the doctors though right now. We still don't have Internet at our house so I just sit in the parking lot and try to catch up on things I need to do, such as paying bills and checking out emails!
Thursday I went into town to run errands and I was gone for most the day. When I got home I went into the master bathroom and I noticed the sink was all warm then I noticed water everywhere. The pipe under the sink going from the sink to the turn off came undone and so the whole time I was gone there was water spraying out everywhere. The water was probably spraying out every 20 minutes for 20 minutes since we are having issues with our well. I called the builders and there were right over to help clean up the mess. There was a tone of water downstairs as well. I tell ya it was everywhere!
This last weekend was good. Curt and I cleaned out the garage and got most of that stuff organized and put away We still have a lot to do both outside and in. We will get pictures up as soon as it looks good!
I'm so glad last week is over with and it is a new week this week! It was such a crazy busy week that we missed church because we forgot about the time change, opps! Sorry for the long post and no pictures. Hopefully next week we will have Internet so that we can get back into the grove of things!
5 comments:
Oh my! Here's hoping that the rest of your time in Indiana is a lot less crazy than the first week! :) We love and miss you - hang in there!
That is a Crazy week!!! I am also RH negative and had to go through all of that 3 times! Those shots are the worst!! Sorry you are having such a hard time with the water. Hopefully they get it fixed soon!! We ope this week goes TONS better!!
I wouldn't wish your last week on anyone I liked. I am sorry it was rough, and I hope that things will get better from here on out! Miss you guys here.
What crappy luck. I'm glad everything is going good with the Dr. Weird that you have your own well. Good luck with everything.
How awful! I hope the builders get the water issue resolved soon!
Post a Comment