Last night was Kara's first time in her new big girl bed, that Curt made for her, and she did awesome!! She slept until about 7:15!
We found the plans to make the bed on ana-white.com.
A couple weeks ago we took the front rail off the crib so it was kind of like a day bed. Kara did so good at night and would sleep until 7-7:30ish, the first week. The second week she was waking up around 5:45 and 6:00. Then there was nap time, she was HORRIBLE with nap time. I would take her back to her room/bed 2-3 times a day for naps.
I hope this doesn't mean she's almost done with naps.
How do you get you toddler to take a nap?
So there was one morning I heard her open and close her door around 6:00. She didn't come into our room like she usually did and I didn't hear her walking around so I assumed she went back to bed and didn't leave her room. It was around 7:30 when I woke up. I opened our bedroom door all the way and turned on the lights so that if Kara woke up while I was in the shower she would be able to find me. I noticed that her door was cracked so I thought I would go check on her. I cracked her door a little more and didn't see her in the crib so I opened it up all the way and she was no where to be found. Panic set in and all kinds of scary thoughts started running through my head. I ran to the family room and this is what I found....
4 comments:
Put a child lock on the inside handle of her room. She won't be able to get out. Works for safety reasons and helps get her to nap.
how funny that she fell asleep on the couch! better than causing trouble else-where in the house!! Way to go on the bed curt, it's darling! E was the same way with waking up early and a little struggle with naps when we made the switch and i was freaking out thinking that she couldn't give up naps right before the baby came....it was just an adjustment phase, cuz now she naps longer than she did in her crib! i think you'll be fine :)
WE WANT BELLY PICTURES!!!!!
Wow guys, she is getting so big!
I hear you are coming home for a visit. Would be nice to see you if you do
Post a Comment