Friday, October 2, 2009

Iowa

Last week, five days after we got back from Utah, Curt had a training class in Cincinnati for a week so Kara and I took a road trip out to Iowa to see my brother, Jared, and his family. Jared lives about five hours away so we wanted to leave by noon or so. Our attempts to head out on Monday by noon were shot down due to a flat tire on the Jeep. I spent the next 2 1/2 hours getting the tire fixed and trying to find a place in town that had a spare. Most places had to order the tire in and it wouldn't be there until Tuesday morning. I finally found a place that had one in stock, we went and got it and we were on our way. On our way we stopped at my uncle Kevin's house and said hi for a minute. It was nice to see him and some of his kids. We missed seeing Marilee. Kara did alright on the drive both ways. I pulled over a few times to try to make her happy but by the end she was just ready to be out of her car seat.


Go Broncos!
I had to put Kara in her Bronco outfit for uncle Jared. He is the BIGGEST Bronco fan I know!


Jared and Kara


Ethan, Elijah, Kara and Everest
My nephews loved Kara.

Jared and Jami took me all over. It was so cool. They leave in Amish country so we saw a ton of Amish. I kick my self for not taking any pictures. We even stopped at a few of the Amish stores. We went to the American Gothic House as well.


Here is Jared, I and Kara in front of the American Gothic house. It was going to be just Kara and I in the picture but the lady at the visitor center suggested that Jared be in the picture too. We all kind of laughed at the idea of brother and sister posing together, but we did it anyways. It's more like the original picture with a man and a lady.


Here is what the original picture looks like. I've seen this picture before but I didn't know that it was called American Gothic.
We had a good time at Jared and Jami's. Thanks you guys for the fun time.

Wow, September was a fun filled busy month!

3 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Wow! I had no idea this was a real house and tourist attraction. Your picture is way fun!

Crazy family of 5 said...

You have been busy!!! I can't believe how big the boys are getting! Kara is getting really big too, and cute!! It's nice that you guys live close enough that you can do a trip like that!

Laura said...

Hi Jodi! It was so nice to hear from you on my blog! Your little Kara is SO cute! Congrats! And wow, you've made a big move too! I'm glad I know about your blog now -- it's a great way to keep in touch!