Thursday, September 25, 2008

1640 miles later.... Home Sweet Home

We have past Cove Fort many of times and have never stopped. We decided to stop this time on our way home. We were there for an hour and a half!  We didn't think it would take that long. There was a school field trip there that day so I think that is why it took as long as it did to get through everything. Since we were there for so long we weren't able to make it to Cabela's or Ikea as we hoped. :o(  It was nice to stop finally and see what Cove Fort was all about. We took the tour of the inside of the fort and then we went out to the side/back yard and checked out the barn and black smith house. There was a covered wagon out there and the little Sister Missionary told us that if we got up in the wagon she would take our picture. I was all over that! We got up in the wagon and she stepped back and snapped the picture. We climbed down and didn't even look at the picture until we got back to the Jeep and this is what we saw....


We had a good laugh about this. I don't want to get older, I'm already old enough! One of my cousins suggested that we should have tipped the guy that took our picture at 4 corners, maybe we should have tipped this Sister Missionary or gave her a name of someone that the missionaries can visit!! We made it home and we loved the time we had together. Know it's time to get back to reality and start planning our next trip!!

3 comments:

Kati said...

I don't know, I think Curt looks pretty good that way! :) Thanks for sharing your trip - it looked like so much fun.

The Grahams said...

Are you sure mom wasn't there taking the picture:)

Anonymous said...

Guess what...I forgot your email. I knew I would. I just wanted you to know I'm not ignoring you. Cute background.